Q: I already use the Motus App. How is this version beneficial to me?
A: The version you used to see was a mobile view of our website. The Motus App is a native mobile application that is downloaded directly onto your device. This version is more reliable, much faster to load and our hope is that it makes your life easier while you’re driving for work.
Q: How do I turn on Location Services?
A: The Motus App requires that Location Services be enabled. The app will prompt you to do this when you first open it, but if for some reason Location Services have been turned off, you can turn them back on by going to your device settings and finding Location Services. Make sure this is set to High Accuracy mode or the option on your device that allows for GPS + cell + Wi-Fi capability. It should be clear which option this is from your device’s Settings menu.
Q: How do I add a trip?
A: To add a trip, follow these simple steps:
· Select the green GPS icon on the home screen
· On the following screen, confirm that the address in the End Location field is your current location. If needed, select the blue GPS icon to see a list of nearby favorite locations.
· Select Save Trip
Forgot to add the location you just visited? No problem! Here’s how you can add that trip to your log manually:
· Tap on the + icon on the top navigation bar on the home screen
· Enter the address of the location you just visited
· Select Save Trip
· Tap on the green GPS icon on the home screen to add your current location
You can also use the Insert a Stop feature that’s available in the overflow menu (three dots) icon on the home screen. This will allow you to drag and drop a newly added stop anywhere in your mileage log.
Q: How do I end my mileage log for the day?
A: To make sure that you’re being fairly and accurately reimbursed for your mileage, indicate that you’ve ended your day on the app. To do so, select the Flag icon on the bottom right hand corner of the home screen. From there, select from one of the following locations to end your day:
· Base Location – Tap this option if you’re at your last business stop and will be returning to your Base Location.
· Last Location – Tap this option if you’ve already added your ending location.
· Current Location – Tap this option if you’re currently at your ending location.
· Other Location – Tap this option to add a different location.
If you forget to end your day, don’t worry! The next day when you open the app, you’ll see a screen that will prompt you to select an ending location. With the exception of Current Location, you’ll be able end that day with the same location options listed above.
Q: I already ended my day but I need to add another trip. How do I do this?
A: If you need to add more trips, tap on the green GPS icon or + icon on the home screen. Simply remember to end your day once you’ve visited your last stop!
Q: How do I submit my miles?
A: Follow these simple steps to submit your mileage from the app:
· Select the overflow menu (three dots) located in the upper-right hand corner of the home screen.
· Then, select View History to access your mileage history
· Next, select the month you’d like to submit mileage for
· Then, review your miles and then tap the Submit button in the upper-right hand corner of the screen
· You’ll then be prompted to enter your ending odometer for the month and select Submit
Q: What happens if I do not submit my miles by the deadline of the 4th?
A: If you missed the deadline, don’t worry! You can still submit your mileage. Once you’ve done so, your submission will be added to the next approval cycle and you’ll be reimbursed for your mileage the following month.
Q: If I change my password on the Motus site do I need to change it on the app?
A: Yes. You must log out of the app and re-enter your credentials for your trips to be recorded correctly.
Q: How do I submit my required forms on the app?
A: Currently, you’re not able to submit the following forms within the app:
• Business Vehicle Information Form
• Direct Deposit Form
If you need to update these forms, please log in to your Motus account from your mobile device’s web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) or a computer. You will find these forms under the Documents tab.
To submit your Insurance Declaration, please email a copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sure to let you know once it’s been processed.
Q: Where can I find my reimbursement details? I don’t see these in the app.
A: To view your reimbursement rate details and/or payment history, please log in to your Motus account from your mobile device’s web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) or a computer. You’ll find them in the Reimbursement tab.
Q: How do I view and/or edit my account information?
A: To change your username, password, email address or security questions, simply log in to your account from your mobile device’s web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) or a computer. In the Manage tab, you’ll be able to update your account information.
Q: How do I Request Additional Miles on the app?
A: You can request additional miles by selecting the overflow icon (three dots) on the top navigation bar. You’ll then be prompted to provide the number of miles you’re requesting as well as a brief explanation. Remember, this option will only be available after you’ve logged at least one trip for that day.
Q: I’m a manager/administrator on the program and I have two accounts. Can I link my employee and manager account on the app?
A: No. At this time, the app can only be used for your employee account. To access your manager account, you’ll need to log in from a computer.