Experts Predict 40% of Employers will Offer the Option to Work Remote Full-Time; Rate of Vehicle Depreciation will Decrease by as Much as 3%
BOSTON, Mass., December 16, 2020 – Motus, the definitive leader in solutions for businesses with mobile-enabled workforces, today released its new report, 2021 Predictions: Remote Work, Business Devices and More. The report leverages findings from Motus insights on the trends that impacted mobile workers over the past year to inform 2021 predictions. Those trends span topics including vehicles, driver safety, fuel costs, services delivered, devices and remote work.
“What happened in 2020 will likely continue to affect business for years to come,” said Ken Robinson, Market Research Analyst at Motus. “Identifying those widespread effects is the first step toward preparing for 2021.”
Motus 2021 predictions from this report include:
- The rate of depreciation of vehicles will decrease by as much as 3% over the course of 2021.
- U.S. commercial fleets will transition more than 150,000 vehicles to reimbursement programs.
- Average vehicle insurance premiums will increase by up to 5% in 2021 to offset higher claims costs in 2020 due to more severe accidents than prior years.
- Fuel prices will remain low into the second half of 2021. Motus estimates the average national fuel price to increase 4% over 2020 levels.
- More than 200,000 business drivers will try vehicle-related services delivered to their location.
- 1 in 5 U.S. companies will select a new managed mobility services (MMS) provider in 2021.
- 1 in 10 U.S. companies will add a bring your own device (BYOD) reimbursement option to their company provided device (CPD) program.
- 3 out of 4 U.S. employers will adopt a part-time remote work policy and up to 40% of employers will offer employees the option to work remote full-time.
“The events of early 2020 forced organizations to find flexible approaches to mobility and work, leveraging tools to adapt effectively and build during a recovering economy,” added Robinson. “Opportunities with mobile expense management, vehicle programs and remote work culture will help organizations continue to improve performance, provided they are aware of and prepared to act on these trends. Motus is here to help with expertise across the board.”
To read the full report, please visit: https://resources.motus.com/reports/2021-predictions-report